Been There, Done That – An Interview With Precollege Alum Bruno Meira

BrunoMeira2
Bruno Meira’s Lifestyle Blog

I was born in Brazil, and raised in New York. I have just graduated with an AAS Degree in Communication Design, and now I am entering my first semester as an upper division student pursuing a BS Degree in International Trade and Marketing for the Fashion Industries, planning to minor in French and International Politics.

BrunoMeira
Photography by Silvana Fazzalari

The FIT Models and Stylists Association has become one of the biggest clubs on campus, attracting models, stylists, photographers, bloggers, and fashion lovers from all different majors.Over 100 students have attended our weekly workshops and activities. We have brought many opportunities for our members, including a Models and Stylists Networking Conference that included a speaker from America’s Next Top Model. Our members have signed contracts with modeling agencies, worked for various fashion events, been featured in FIT Publications and social networks including W27, Blush Magazine, @FITNYC Instagram and other social platforms and one of them was even featured in Vogue last year. FITMSA was recognized at the Student Association Recognition Ceremony with the New Club of the Year Award. On the same night, I was recognized with the Michael Noeth Memorial Leadership Award and the FIT Student Gold Leadership Key.

I am a Presidential Scholar, Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society member, and have received scholarships from PVH Corporation, Gemini Shippers Association Ralph Lauren, and New Times Group.

I took two Precollege courses: HAC 063 Careers in Advertising and Marketing Communications and HAD 101 The Principles of Design.

Fashion has always intrigued me. I knew FIT was the right school for me, however I wasn’t sure of how I was going to make a career out of my passion. Taking courses that fit my personal interests helped me develop my identity within FIT to find the appropriate majors to explore all my talents in business, fashion, art, and design and follow the right path to “making a living” by also making the world more interesting and dynamic.

After my Principles of Design class I knew that I had to explore that talent. Precollege gave me a taste and an insider view of what the FIT experience was going to be.

After Precollege I came to a realization that a great artist is not only one who invents great works; but one who has a bigger vision for such works.

My best advice for students is to start your career as early as you can and take as many Precollege courses as they can. On top of being ahead, they will always learn more about themselves and the school in the classes. It’s a great opportunity for trial-and-error, especially in terms of interests before committing to a specific major at FIT.

Have a wonderful day and believe in the dream.

Cordially,

Bruno Meira
President, FIT Models and Stylists Association

One response to “Been There, Done That – An Interview With Precollege Alum Bruno Meira”

1. Lisa Avatar
    Lisa

Love him!