Introducing Precollege Blogger: Charisandra

Charisandra

Taking courses:
HFM 060 Fashion Forecasting: Seeing into the Future
HFS 182 Develop an Eye for Styling

Hey Mod Mavens!

My name is Charisandra – weird, I know – and I’m going to be one of lucky gals that get to take you along with me on this Precollege journey! This summer will be the summer of many firsts for me. I have never blogged just as I have never had formal training in fashion-related anything. Like so many of us here at FIT, I have had a ‘passion for fashion’ since a startling young age.

Some can sing before they speak – I could tell the difference between a fashion feat and a fashion faux pas before I knew my ABC’s. This did not come as a surprise to my parents as there is a long line of stylish ancestors in both their families. I decided to take that evangelical zeal that fills me as I walk into a store seriously and take up a potential career path in it.

Being 17 years old, a rising senior, and starting to think about my future in fashion, I saw this Precollege program as a marvelous opportunity to test the waters. Starting July 7th (two weeks!), I will be attending Fashion Forecasting: Seeing into the Future and Develop an Eye for Styling. Taking on these two courses was both exhilarating and nerve-wracking because the fashion industry is so foreign to me. Nerve-wracking for obvious reasons, I don’t know what to expect and it could literally change my life – not something to take lightly. Exhilarating because I am going to be surrounded by people that get me and gaining knowledge that could actually serve me in my future (not the formula for photosynthesis).

The three short weeks I am spending at FIT this month are going to be filled with the tips, tricks, and info I couldn’t get anywhere else from experts in my dream field. I am totally ready, so strap in because it is going to be one heck of a ride!

Talk to you later.

Xoxo, Chari