Introducing Precollege Blogger: Nicole

NicoleHeaneyColorHi everyone! My name is Nicole and yes red is my natural hair color. Now that that’s out of the way let’s get down to business. I am currently a junior in high school and I live on Long Island, New York. I discovered my love of fashion at a very young age. I remember the first time picking up a magazine and thinking to myself “ Wow look at all these different styles.” Ever since then it has been my goal to pursue a career in something I’m most passionate about, which is the fashion industry. When I’m not looking at the newest trends or browsing the racks at the mall, you can find me twirling flags with my color guard team, blogging and hanging out with my 4 year old sister. (Trust me I know it’s a big age difference)

This semester will be my first time attending the Precollege program at FIT. I am taking The Ins and Outs of Fashion Merchandising and I couldn’t be more excited. In the future, I hope to become a buyer. Analyzing the trends of what consumers are buying and deciding on the trends that will be coming out is what I am all about. Oh hey I’m a poet and I didn’t even know it! Wow sorry for that corny joke, but I felt like the timing was right. Last week was my first class and I was so excited that on the first day, I walked the wrong way for 3 blocks! That’s pretty embarrassing for someone who goes to New York City as often as I do, but hey it happens.

Like most other high school juniors, I was feeling really overwhelmed in deciding what to major in. All of my friends are going crazy trying to decide what they want to do and taking this Precollege class has kind of made me feel at ease. Stepping into FIT just feels right and every time I walk out with a smile. I’m so excited to see what is in store for this semester. Wow that was really sentimental, I think I need to go grab a tissue. Ok, I’m back now. Until next week, xoxo gossip girl.

Totally kidding. I can’t wait to share my experiences this semester with you all. Being able to blog for FIT is such a dream come true and I can’t wait to let you all know how class goes.

Until Next Time,

Nicole

Comments

3 responses to “Introducing Precollege Blogger: Nicole”

1. AnnMarie Heaney Avatar
    AnnMarie Heaney

WTG! Nicole. Your blog is great.

2. Krystal Avatar
    Krystal

Hey there! Love your first blog post- love your sense of humor! Look forward to your next post.

3. Lynette Heaney aka Granny Avatar

So proud and loving that smile looking forward to reading many more.