Christopher Uvenio is a Professor for Fashion Design – Art in the School of Art and Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology. Professor Uvenio has taught at FIT since 2005 and received an AAS in Performing arts from Suny Purchase, and his AAS and BFA degrees in Fashion Design from FIT. Advanced training includes Polimoda in Florence, Italy, and Esmond in Paris, France.
Professor Uvenio has taught such courses as HAR 016 Fashion Art for Fashion Designers, HAR 091 Anatomy of Fashion, and HSX 095: Costume and Couture Rendering for Precollege Programs at FIT.
Professor Uvenio’s Teaching Philosophy:
I love to bring the expertise that I learn from the industry to the classroom at FIT. I want students to learn what I went through so I treat my students as designers, not students, and I’m their art director.
On Precollege Programs:
I admire students at a young age who are willing to learn about the fashion industry. I enjoy watching the students find themselves and lean how to draw and improve themselves.
Be dramatic! The audience will love you. Forever.
Bob Mackie, Anna Sui, Todd Olden, Whithall + Shon, Valentino, Lily Achatz Couture, Cullen Knitswear, CBS’s The Bold and the Beautiful, Isaac mizrahi
- Designer of the Year, CBS Daytime’s The Bold and the Beautiful 2000
- Designer for film Romy and Michele’s High school Reunion, 1997
- Designer for Ballroom Fever, PBS
- Over 20 publications including Italian Vogue (2009), ReFresh (cover, 2010), OHLALA Paris (2010), Italia Umo (2009), L’Uomo Vogue (2009), Official Hoomes (2009), Beautiful Magazine (2008), Fantasticsmag (2009), Wall to Wall Darkness Magazine (2011)
- Book Contributions: “Dark Angels” by Joseph Sinclair and “Portfolio Presentation for Fashion Designers” by Linda Tain (3rd Edition)
- Website coming…
- Music Fashion Video in the works…
- Menswear collection for Fall 2012 “Wicked Glamour”
- Womenswear collection for Fall 2012 “Wicked Glamour”
- Working on a Coffee table book of design photographs
I’m sure the students appreciate the fact that they’ve got a professor who has great practical & industry experience.