Introducing New Precollege Blogger – Talya

Once upon a time, in the far off suburbia of New Jersey, there lived a quirky girl named Talya who doesn’t actually talk like this, nor in the third person, but wanted to make this introduction more interesting.

I am a first-time Precollege Sunday Live student here at FIT taking HAR 016: Fashion Art for Fashion Designers. After only a few weeks, I can proudly say that my drawing capabilities go far beyond stick people with triangles for dresses! Hopefully with this blog, I’ll be able to showcase the progress of my work throughout the course to show you that even the most art-challenged kids can become modern day Van Goghs with the help from the wonderful faculty at FIT. Along with showing you my classwork, I’m also excited to show you my hand-crafted (not really, I have loads of help from my sewing machine Dhani) creations, and share my thoughts on what’s current in fashion. I look forward to hearing your thoughts as well.

I’d like to think of myself as an amateur designer; I’m not the best drawer (hence “Fashion Art for Fashion Designers), but I’ve been sewing original designs for the past 5 years. Hopefully, now with the help of FIT, and when I go here for college *fingers crossed*, I’ll obtain the help I need for my quest to become a full fledged designer like Marc Jacobs, who by the way is my all time favorite designer/idol. Along with being my idol, Marc is a heavy influence, along with Karl Lagerfeld and Miuccia Prada.

Pretty much anything and everything inspires me. Hobbies such as watching movies, “occasional” internet lurking, and listening to great music inspires me as well! My all time favorite band in the universe is The Beatles. So by now you’ve learned  little bit about me and what I’m all about! Stay tuned for my adventures at FIT! I’m looking forward to it too! 🙂

Talya