Don’t Create Your Own Missed Opportunities

I just saw Janet Falk’s blog on how she managed a placement for one of her clients and it made me mad and sad.  Not about Janet.  She does a great job.  But about a company that I ran into a few years back that has an amazing story  and results from a new kind of toothpaste. I’ve used the product (the company was smart enough to hand out, nicely packaged I might add, samples at a bootcamp/pitch fest).  The “toothpaste” stops bleeding gums, actually heals gums, and stops all other kinds of gum and related ills.  So why has no one ever heard of it?  Because senior management of the company doesn’t believe in marketing or PR. Marketing directors come and go but can’t get senior management to invest in their own success.  So many startups don’t understand the $$$ ROI power of marketing and PR.  And if they manage to stay on the market at all, it’s because of a tiny amount of traction they’ve built. Most companies fold.  Companies with good ideas and great products, like this toothpaste. Make sure you’re not one of them.

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c87b80819a244b029786430f7&id=42f8a35dee&e=eddcb40635

Sandra Holtzman teaches CEO 035: Licensing.
She is the author of Lies Startups Tell Themselves to Avoid Marketing.