I don’t know about you, but I remember when I was picking my college, something that was really important for me was the location. I wanted it to be something totally different to what I was used to back home. I was hesitating between New York and Los Angeles, but ended up picking New York for several reasons:
1. Fashion Capital As a fashion student New York is the place to be. It’s considered one of the top fashion capitals in the world. You get to see, live and breath fashion firsthand!
2. Proximity Your campus is basically New York City, which means everything is so close. There are so many means of transportation too, which makes it so much easier to wander around the city.
3. Experience all kind of urban nature From parks, beaches, sports fields to parks in the air, you have everything you need.
4. Abundance of museums and art galleries You have a museum for everything.
5. Experience NYFW You get to experience NYFW! Even if you don’t volunteer you still get to see and experience the madness that fashion week has on the city. Walk around and get inspired.
6. So many free events There is always something to do in New York. And if you don’t want to spend any money, there are so many free events around the city. In the summer you can go watch a movie in central park (it’s awesome), there are parades, street fairs and even free concerts!
7. Eat food from all over the world Any cravings you have the city will satisfy them. There are so many different restaurants, bars, diners and brunch places, it will take you two lives to try them all. Enjoy foods of all kind!
8. Concerts and Performances of all types From some of the best broadway shows to amazing ballet performances, you have a wide variety of options. Anything you want to watch will probably be happening soon. And FIT always hook students up with some amazing ticket deals!