So as everyone knows its almost FASFA deadline , but did you know that you actually have till June 30th to fill one out? So its not to late if you haven’t already. I know personally FASFA was so complicated once I started college, you have so much going on and you need to find a moment for your parents to be with you to complete it , unless your parents already do it all for you ( which I am really jealous) .
But first thing is first you need to log on to the website and create a user https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm, usually both you and your guardian will do this so you can both access it. After doing it for the past four years I have realized a lot of things I should and shouldn’t do.
- DO NOT wait till the last minute , FIT has deadlines for FASFA as well as any college although you might have a deadline.
- Do use your fill legal name as shown on your social security card.
- DO answer Yes to the questions about your different types of financial aid , like work study and loans, ect. You don’t have to accept the offers you receive but if you don’t you wont be open for more grant money.
- DO NOT let anyone do your FASFA for you or charge you a fee like your taxes, there is no special way to get more money.
- DO fill out a FASFA to even be considered for scholarships and grants you need to show you attempted to fill out a FASFA.
- DO NOT start a whole new FASFA, once you start one each year you will just have to update certain information.
- DO file taxes as early as possible because you need this information to fill out the FASFA.
- DO keep a record of FASFA passwords and login information for the next year.
FASFA can be time consuming but its well worth it! So keep calm and FASFA on!