Support Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 10:00 pm
Student Laptop Walk-in Support: Monday – Friday, 6:00 – 10:00 pm
(Closed when the college is closed - View Academic Calendar)
Contact TechHelp to submit a support request for login/password issues, break-fixes, printing, report creation – Business Office, equipment installation, telecommunication issues, cable TV, etc.
Check out the IT TechHelp Self-Service Site!
Check on your service tickets, search the knowledge base, read FAQs, read tutorials and watch instructional videos about: FIT email, FITnet Wireless, MyFIT, cable TV, and more.
- By email
Write to TechHelp@fitnyc.edu. Please include as much detail as possible. A Client Services representative will reply to the same email address used to send the mail. Responses will be sent in the order in the order in which the emails were received.
- By phone
Students should call 212-217-HELP (4357)
Faculty and Staff should call 212-217-TECH (8324)
- In person
Students visit C307A
Faculty and Staff visit C305B
News from Tech Help! :
- Jan7: MyFIT Access Issues MyFIT is experiencing sporadic access problems. IT staff are currently investigating the problem and hope to implement a solution soon.Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve and update FIT systemsShare your comments @:Email: email@example.comStaff & Faculty Support: Call 7-TECHVisit us on the web: www.fitnyc.edu/techhelp
UPDATE::MyFIT was back up and running within a few minutes.
- Jan 6: Banner Access Issues The Banner system experienced sporadic access problems from 11:15am – noon today (Jan. 6) IT performed troubleshooting and resolved the immediate problem. We are now performing an analysis to understand the issue and incorporate appropriate changes to ensure the issue does not reoccur.Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve and update FIT systems.IT Communications OfficePlease contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments.
- Holiday System Upgrade Schedule
As in past years, IT is taking the opportunity to upgrade many FIT systems and services during the holiday break. The following schedule describes dates and times when various systems will have sporadic outages or be unavailable.Sun. Dec. 22 6am – 5pmBanner ServicesFIT Main Web SiteMyFIT PortalLibrary DatabasesePortfolioMon. Dec. 23 6am – 5pmBanner Services (4hrs)MyFIT Portal (4 hrs)Bi-Tech (4 hrs)WebfilesThu Dec. 26 6am – 5pmWebfilesFri Dec. 27 6am – 5pmWebfilesMon. Dec. 30 6am – 5pmOffice Phones (4 hrs)Internet Access (6 hrs)
These times are estimates and IT will make every effort to expedite the work to restore all services. If an FIT service is required during the outage window, please check periodically.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve performance and security of the FIT systems.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions
- Nov 26: MyFIT Security Upgrade
IT must implement security upgrades to MyFIT (portal) on Nov. 26,2013 from 6am-8am.
During this time, users will experience sporadic accessibility
Thank you for your patience as we continue to upgrade technology services
Users should not reply directly to this email, but should send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
IT 4 FIT Communications Office
- Oct 31: Sporadic internet and internal network outages
To continue providing fast, secure and reliable network performance, critical networking components must be replaced. The work has been scheduled for Oct.31 from 6:30am – 7:30am. During this activity, users at FIT will be able to access the internet and internal network services. However, external users will experience sporadic connectivity issues.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve the FIT infrastructure.
Please send any comments to email@example.com
IT 4 FIT Communications Office