Open Labs CC15 & CC15A Spring & Fall Hours:
Open 24 HRS : Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
Saturday Hours: Closed 2am-8am only.
* Exceptions are days when the college is closed. Please refer to the academic calendar for school closing and holidays.*
See a list of available software in the open labs and specialized computing classrooms.
Academic Computing News:
- Summer Open Lab Hours (CC15 & CC15A)
Monday – Thursday: 8AM – 11PM
Saturday: 8:30AM – 9PM
Sunday: 9AM – 8:30AM
*Labs will be open on Friday May 30, 2014; 8AM – 11PM
Summer Lab Hours are effective from May 27, 2014 to July 23, 2014.
- Fall 2014 Classroom, Podium, and Lab Images
You are invited to participate in the development and testing of the computer image for fall 2014. Windows PCs will continue to run Microsoft Windows 7 and Apple Macintosh systems will be upgraded to Mavericks (OS 10.9).
In this cycle we have two major upgrades: Adobe Creative Cloud (PC and Mac) and Microsoft Office 2013 (PC Only). Our full list of upgrades is as follows:
AutoCAD & Revits 2015
Adobe Creative Cloud
Microsoft Office 2013
General application patches and updates
Academic Computing will image all classrooms, podiums, and labs during July and August 2014 (See academic calendar – http://www.fitnyc.edu/academiccalendar).
- May 16 through June 30 image testing will take place. Each Academic Computing classroom will have a test station. There will be three rooms for testing podium images: c305g, c305b, and c307a. There will be a feedback sheet at each test station.
- July 1 outlying lab image deployment will begin. July 22 Academic Computing Center classrooms and lab image deployment will begin. All classrooms and labs will be ready for fall semester.
Administrative and staff computers are not included in this image deployment.
Please do not hesitate to call or email, James Pearce should you have any questions. Tel: x73503 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Folio Builder Lab Locations
I need to be able to create interactive PDFs in InDesign, but the computers in the library don’t have the required updates (for folio builder). Where can I go to do what I need to do for class? I know a couple of classrooms in C have them, but those are usually in use for class time.
I’m pretty desperate – please help!
ASK IT Answer:Hi Kate,Thanks for your post. I was able to gather some info for you from Academic Computing:“Folio Builder is part of Adobe Desktop Publishing Tools (for InDesign)It’s in cc15a3, c232, c302, c304, and c306.“Hope this helps!
- AutoCAD .dwg File Conversions
Ask IT Question:
I’m an interior design student and i use autocad 2007 version.And i can’t open some Autocad project.
Example,i download some cad files on this site http://www.dwgindir.com/ or http://www.bibliocad.com/ site ect. but i can’t open files.
How can i change to dwg files versions ?
Ask IT Answer:
We tried to contact you will the email address you provided us with, but it came back as a non-valid address.
Online resource sometime become outdated. In this case the current version of AutoCAD is version 2014. Hence the version you are trying to open is 7 releases behind. The owners (the two websites) needed to have updated the samples files/resources.
Autodesk may allow up to 2 version backward compatibility, and probably not 7 versions.
Consider talking to your instructor about the issue.
Fashion Institute of Technology
Technical Manager, Academic Computing, User Support & Media Services
- FIT is closed on Fridays during the summer
As a reminder, the college is closed on Fridays during the summer through Friday. August 9th.