I am happy to inform you that academic classrooms and faculty licensing will not be adversely affected by Adobe’s new subscription licensing model. FIT students will have the option to purchase CS6 or subscribe to the Creative Cloud. As you know, Adobe announced that Creative Suite 6 (CS6) would be its last major release sold via traditional CD/DVDs and that it would no longer offer perpetual licenses of its products but instead adopt a subscription service model.
Also, this June Adobe will release a new version of Creative Suite. The various titles in the collection will now have a “CC” label to denote Creative Cloud instead of being called CS7. Faculty members may contact the Help Desk starting July 1 to request office installations and home licenses.
Adobe Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, etc, will be available throughout all academic classrooms and labs in fall.
You may read more about Adobe Creative Cloud by visiting the web resources below.
- Creative Cloud: http://tiny.cc/ccfaq
- What’s new in Photoshop CC: http://tiny.cc/newinPS
- Illustrator CC: http://tiny.cc/newinAI
- Indesign CC: http://tiny.cc/newinINDD
- After Effects CC: http://tiny.cc/newinAE
- Dreamweaver CC: http://tiny.cc/newinDW
- Premiere Pro CC: http://tiny.cc/newpremiere
Please do not hesitate to call me or email should you have any questions.
Tel: x73503 Email: email@example.com