You are invited to a mini-retreat breakfast on social networking on Friday, November 11, 2011. Please join Ruben Quinones, Director of New Media and faculty member at NYU, to explore the role of social networking in education and its potential to promote inclusion by bringing distant and diverse populations into a collaborative, academic dialogue.
Jeffrey Riman, Kurt Vega, Patricia Krakow, Meredith Perkins and James Pearce will provide guided lab time after the presentation.
Registration is required with email@example.com by November 2. See attached flyer for full details. Breakfast will be served.
“This event is part of Diversity EXPO Week and has received the Stamp of Support from the Diversity Council, Fashion Institute of Technology. For more information, go to www.fitnyc.edu/diversity.”
Please fill out a simple pre-event survey to help us better understand the preferences of the attendees.
I would suggest that our invitation to fill out the survey include the following: comments would be most appreciated.
The CET Social Media event held November 11 will include a hands-on workshop that will guide you through some basic steps to help you manage and follow a few of the most popular social media resources. In anticipation of this day we request you come prepared by doing the following:
- Please fill out the anonymous survey attached to this link and come to our event. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dENQdGNmVmxMWl83OVM0SWRRaDlJTFE6MQ
- Bring with you your login credentials for two or three social media sites or join at least two of the following free sites.
- LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/
- WordPress http://wordpress.org/
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com
One of the objectives of the lab period is to explore simple effective ways to monitor and interact in social media that are in different locations.
We look forward to seeing you on November 11th!
Center of Excellence in Teaching