ASK IT form questions & comments:
From Xue Xia:
I am wondering if the iPad is supported to get on the school wifi? Do I need to download some sort of anti-virus app in order to get on the network?
Hello Xue, Thanks for your question. I am posting directions below.
If you go into “Settings” you should be able to choose “FITNET” under the options for wifi.
- When you go to use the browser, you will receive a pop-up window stating the “Wi_Fi can’t verify the identity.” Hit “Continue”
- The next window called “Log-in for Web Authentication” will come up.
- Enter your FIT username (firstname_lastname) and your FIT password.
- If your username and password is correct, you will be redirected to one additional window called “Network Access Control”
- Hit the “Start” link to continue to the process of entering your username, password, phone number, etc.
- A quick program will run to register your iPad to the network.
- You will be told to close safari, but at this point you should be able to use the wifi.