Lynda.com accessible from campus!

March 7, 2010 | By | 24 Replies More

We have been getting increbile feedback on the trial account with Lynda.com.  Thanks, and please continue to let us know your thoughts.

Just a reminder that the service is only available on campus right now, so if you are off-campus you will receive a “Permission Error” message.

Here is the link again in case you want to log on:

http://iplogin.lynda.com

:)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments (24)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Carl Harrell:

I like the web training programs. I can forward through or go back over them at your own pace. I learned a few things that I didn’t know and am looking forward to viewing all of the sessions.

2. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Ari Vega:

I have navigated through various software training tutorials. FIT should consider having on and off site site availablilty for faculty, students and staff.

I think it will enhance productivity levels and/or may spark creative thinkers to apply newly found features.

3. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Lou Zaera:

The idea of training is great.

The topics listed are good, but it looks like to me that the list of training modules has lots and lots of duplication.
    –Lou

4. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Sharon Rothman:

I’m excited about the opportunity to use tutorials from lyna.com!
    However, when I linked there through this email, I was not able to play any of the tutorial chapters… I tried them all. The screen came up, but did not play when I clicked on the play buttons.
    Sharon

• Meredith Perkins says:

Hi Sharon,
      I just sent you an email so that I can walk through what is happening when you try to access the videos.
      Thanks!
      Meredith

5. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Diana Byrd:

This is a very useful tool for teachers teaching technology.

6. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Michael Cokkinos:

This site is great!!!

I have used before it myself.

Can it only be accessed from FIT computers?

• Meredith Perkins says:

Hi Michael, right now for the trial period, it is only available on campus, but if the site shows enough interest……. :)

7. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Kathy Olen:

I just want you to know that one can only get SOME of the tutorials listed under each heading.
    When I go to: http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=748
    for instance, I cannot get those tutorials that are not underlined.
    If I try to click on those which are not underlined I am asked to sign up for 100% access to Lynda.com.
    Are you aware of this???
    If you would like screen shots, please email me as there is no avenue for me to attach them here.
    Best, KO

• Meredith Perkins says:

Hi Kathy!
      Thanks so much for pointing this out. I followed your link and I am seeing
      the same. Going to find out what’s up. Promise to update you.
      Meredith

8. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

(Student)

Hello,

This is a really good site.

I look forward to learning the programs and it will be helpful in my current job.

Thank you,
    Christina

9. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Roy Larsen:

I reviewed the Acrobat 9 training and find it to be helpful. It was however quite fast. If you are distracted, you will need to quickly pause the program, or catch up.

I like the way they have split the training courses into small segments.

I believe this would be helpful in the training of Print Shop personnel, especially with the future of the trade going more digital.

Roy Larsen
    Manager, Print Shop

10. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Paula Thompson:

I used Lynda.com with one of my students to help her understand how to use Excel. It was an excellent experience.

11. Meredith Perkins says:

Re:Lynda.com.

This is a great way to advance our skills! Of course, all we need is the time! But these modules allow us to pick and choose what we want to focus on and how much time to spend on the training session! Very clear and understandable! I already learned a few tricks in PowerPoint in just a few minutes!

Robert Vassalotti
    Professor
    Fashion Institute of Technology
    Fashion Merchandising Management Department

12. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Aaron Schorr:

The ones on Office are not comprehensive enough as far as topics are concerned, but they are interesting to go through. I learned some things from them. I am sure the other software will have similar comments from other instructors.

How would this compare to having access to Video Professor? Is that even possible for the College?

13. Meredith Perkins says:

Christian Ierulli

To all:

I think this will be a great addition to the FIT community. Lynda.com is a great learning tool, for basically everything that we teach, learn and dabble in, here at FIT. I’ve been using their site on my own previously and I think it’s a well organized, in-depth and an informative training tool. I would also love to see this available to the campus community on and off-site, maybe as link that is accessible through MyFIT.

Thanks again,
    Christian

Christian Ierulli
    Network Facilities Manager
    Fashion Institute of Technology

14. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Cheryl Pugh:

Thank you for access to Lynda.com. I think their tutorials are great! I hope we also get home access to these as well in the future.

15. Pat Yanez says:

I tried some of the Outlook 2007 modules and they are helpful. I think the site is a good resource.

16. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Michael Cokkinos:

I used lynda.com this week to prepare my lesson plan in Final Cut Pro. The logical flow made the class work great.

Then I consulted lynda.com to fine tune some of my Garageband skills when scoring a new video.

Thanks,

Michael

17. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

FIT Student:

Since I have not taken an Excel course and I am only a one year student. I really thought the tutorials and trials on lynda.com helped so much with my math course and other FMM courses. I would have been completely lost without lynda.com to guide me through. I have tried other resources but they were not as helpful. I think this is a fantastic program/website to bring to F.I.T. students/faculty/etc. to take our education one step further.
    Hopefully F.I.T. will keep this website to take their students one step closer to success.

18. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Howard Dillon:

I browsed some of the Lynda.com files, reviewing programs I know. The training is good. I hope you will be able to keep the service and make it available to from off campus, because I’d like to study and train at home rather than during the workday in the office. …Howard

Howard Dillon, Associate VP for Academic Affairs

19. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Susan Sermoneta:

I’m using Lightroom 3Beta, and I’ve been using the Adobe TV videos to learn about it. Now that I’ve used the Lynda.com tutorials, I can tell you Lynda is terrific. The tutorials are short enough that I can watch one a few times (until I really get it), and they seem to cover the most important aspects of the new LR3. I’ll keep trying out Lynda and let you know more.

20. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:
    Richard Le:

Hi. I just wanted to write and give feedback about Lynda.com software training.

I’ve used the Lynda.com website in the past and it’s a great resource for learning software and design concepts. Through the website I was able to get more in-depth knowledge about Photoshop and Flash.

I was very excited when I heard FIT was considering offering access to Lynda.com. It’s a fantastic resource and you’d be doing a very great service to FIT students by offering it.

Regards
    Richard

21. Meredith Perkins says:

ASK IT form questions & comments:

Alice Rydel:

This would be a GREAT tutorial program to have available at FIT. I just took a Flash class and it enhances the instruction. It would also help in constructing our web pages and email blasts.