“Ask IT” Question:
Where can we see the status of a work order or a project requests? Is there an online queue?
For Project Requests
- Innotas has a “self-service” feature, that allows users to view their submitted Project Requests and the PMO will implement this feature at the beginning of the next semester. The College procured 100 licenses so the system should easily be able to accommodate all user inquiries.
- When a Project Request is received, an email is sent to the requestor acknowledging receipt and a second email will be sent when a Project Manager is assigned
- The “self-service” feature will allow users to view their Project Request while it in the “request” stage – there is no projected completion date.
- When a Project Request is received and acknowledged by the PMO, it exits the “self-service” part of the system.
- Communication to the requester will continue by means of regularly scheduled project status meetings until the project is completed.
For Work Order Tickets
- Parature, the interface used for FIT’s IT ticket system, does have a feature that allows users who submit tickets to view them and User Support Services will turn the feature on at the start of the next semester.
- Presidium, FIT’s call center, has been contacted and testing will begin when we return from the holiday break and if there are no issues, the feature may be initiated sooner.
- The feature will only allow users to view the submitted list of open tickets – there is no prioritization capability in the system nor can a projected completion date be entered.
- Communication to the user community will be developed with appropriate instructions (with screen shots as necessary).