“Ask IT” Q&A with Robert Vassalotti

December 1, 2009 | By | Reply More
“Ask IT” Question:

Should I have my system upgraded if I am running on Windows 2000? I often receive “runtime errors”. Can I get my e-mail capacity increased?

Answer:

Hello Robert,

Thank you so much for your inquiry on the IT e-Forum.

The run-time errors that you are experiencing could be caused by the out-moded, unpatched Windows 2000 operating system, and could very well be fixed by upgrading.  To initiate the process, you may open a ticket with Customer Service by calling 7-HELP, or by emailing customer_service@fitnyc.edu

After a ticket has been opened a Desktop Services technician will contact you to schedule the upgrade, at which time the technician will also set up your Email and help you in freeing up additional space.

In addition there are resources available to you through the the Technology Development Team (TDT) to assist you in archiving and sorting your email.  If this is of interest, please feel free to contact the TDT directly at techdevelopment@fitnyc.edu.

Thanks to Robert Vassalotti for sharing his question with us!
Do you have a question you would like to ask?  Click on the “ASK IT” tab above or click here.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,