Student: Daria (14), Manhattan
Program: High School Precollege Workshop
Precollege Course: HSX 121: Passion for Fashion Styling
Describe your personal style.
My style is ever changing, but one of my favorite looks is a mix between tough and feminine. I love mixing girly pieces with rugged beats and leather. I also love vintage items.
Where do you go on breaks from class?
I get lunch and go to Starbucks.
Who or what inspires you?
A person who inspires me as far as style is Rumi Neely and her effortlessness. Something that inspires me is alternative music because I love how it makes me feel; it makes me feel free and happy.
What are your favorite things about FIT?
My favorite is that you’re learning from professors who have first hand experiences in the fashion industry.
What do you want to do after you graduate from College?
I want to become a professional celebrity stylist. I would also possibly like to become a designer.
For this Week’s Tip of the Week, we thought we’d go ahead and give you the Important Dates for our Fall Programs! It’s always good to plan ahead!!!
- Registration for ALL Fall 2011 Precollege Programs begins August 23!
- Registration Ends (Saturday/Summer Live): September 14, 2011
- Registration Period for Precollege Workshop Students: August 23 through November 4, 2011
- Orientation for New Students: September 17, 2011
- First Day of Saturday Live: September 24, 2011
- First Day of Sunday Live: September 25, 2011
- First Day of Precollege Workshop: November 12, 2011
- Thanksgiving Recess: November 26 & 27, 2011
- Last Day of Precollege Workshop: December 17, 2011
- Last Day of Saturday Live: December 17, 2011
- Last Day of Sunday Live: December 18, 2011
For this Week’s Tip of the Week, we thought we’d fill you in on how to obtain your grades! The same process occurs for both Summer Live and Workshop students.
Q: How do I view my grades*?
- In your browser type: http://myfit.fitnyc.edu
- Enter your username and password, as instructed
- Select Online Information System
- Select Student
- Select Student Records & Student Accounts
- Select Final Grades
- Choose the Semester
*Access to the online system will expire one month after the end of the student’s last active term, so be sure to access grades promptly at the end of each semester!
For those of you that don’t know, Workshop Programs are short programs that introduce students to some of the unusual and creative topics that we specialize in at FIT. In these four day programs, students take courses to learn a specific skill or technique, and leave with a Certificate of Completion for their portfolios or submit with college applications. Our Summer Workshops for middle school and high school students begin August 1 and end August 4. For this week’s Tip of the Week, we thought we’d fill you on on Opening Day!
On August 1, all Precollege Workshop students will report directly to the Great Hall located just west of 28th Street and 7th Avenue, thirty minutes before the start of class. Students will hand-in their parental consent forms, will receive their temporary Student ID cards and then proceed to their classrooms.
PARENTS: Parents may not escort students to the classrooms. Parents may drop-off and pick-up their children in any of the college lobbies.
SUPPLIES: Supply lists are posted on the same page as the rooms numbers.
ORIENTATION: Miss Orientation? Visit this page for the information you missed.
See you on Monday!!!