Time is precious, therefore you should always use it wisely! When at the FIT program, you’re given a break that ranges from 15 to 30 minutes. During this break, you can do anything, like grab a snack, eat a meal, buy a couple of things, hey, you can even venture for new possibilities! But, I suggest staying in a close rage to the campus (you must have time to get back on campus, or you’ll miss class, which is a no-no).
Since NYC is so compact and there’s virtually a store within a 10 feet range- there’s so many options available to you! Everyone has their own tastes and preferences, but I’m here to show you my routine when I’m on my break to give you some ideas.
I always exit out of D building onto 27th street. On the left side you’ll see a variety of restaurants and stores! But my absolute favorite has to be the Lily Farm Deli!
The number one thing I’ll always buy at Lily Farm’s is Snapea Crisps! It’s healthy, absolutely delicious, and affordable!
Other places that I like going to on break are:
- Rosa’s Pizza ,168 W 27th St .At 7th Ave. (left of Lily Farm)
- Papa Johns, 213 W. 28th St (pizza is good for the soul)
- Fashion Design Bookstore, 250 West 27th Street of course!)
- Revolution Books, 146 West 26th Street
Of course there’s many other places you can go too, but these are the ones that I find very comfortable. Time passes quickly in the City and with that being said, you should always keep time in your hands. You don’t want to miss class!
Since after class I don’t really have a designated departure time to catch the bus (since it comes every five minutes), I walk around the city to discover new things and take time for myself! I enjoy walking for a long periods of time. If I could, I would walk all the way to Central Park! I always venture off deep into the city.
Here are some places that interest me when I’m in NYC:
- Buffalo Exchange, 114 West 26th Street
- H mart, 25 West 32nd Street
- Tokyo Rebel, 170 Avenue B
- Kinokuniya Bookstore, 1073 6th Avenue
- Bleecker Bobs, 118 West 3rd Street
- My Plastic Heart, 210 Forsyth Street
- The Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53 Street
- ONASSIS, 71 Greene Street
- Any store on Broadway
The City is filled with such wonderful things. It would take years to discover half of what’s there! But the joy of it is, I get to have the great opportunity to go every Saturday cause of the FIT.
Time to explore even more!