To Bring on Opening Day:
- Precollege wristband OR the Parental Consent Form
- Student Schedule of Classes with room numbers
- FIT Student ID Card
Parents may not escort students to the classrooms.
On Opening Day, parents may pick-up their children in any of the college lobbies.
Students and parents may visit classrooms after Orientation Sessions only.
Supplies and Rooms
Supply lists and the rooms numbers will be posted on the same page as class listings. Not all classes may require the purchase of supplies. View the Program Details page to choose your semester’s course listings and descriptions page.
Checking-in on the First Day:
Check the date of your First day of Class
- Saturday/Sunday/Summer Live – Students will report directly to the Great Hall located just west of 28th Street and 7th Avenue, thirty minutes before the start of class. They will hand-in their Parental Consent Form or present their Precollege wristbands and then proceed to the classrooms.
All students must display their FIT ID upon entrance.
- Summer Workshops – Students will report to the Great Hall located just west of 28th Street and 7th Avenue, thirty minutes before the start of class. They will hand-in their Parental Consent Form or present their wristband and proceed to the classrooms.
Workshop students will obtain a temporary, four-day ID during check-in.
Room Numbers and Directions:
For this Week’s Tip of the Week, we thought we’d go ahead and give you the Important Dates for our Fall Programs! It’s always good to plan ahead!!!
- Registration for ALL Fall 2011 Precollege Programs begins August 23!
- Registration Ends (Saturday/Summer Live): September 14, 2011
- Registration Period for Precollege Workshop Students: August 23 through November 4, 2011
- Orientation for New Students: September 17, 2011
- First Day of Saturday Live: September 24, 2011
- First Day of Sunday Live: September 25, 2011
- First Day of Precollege Workshop: November 12, 2011
- Thanksgiving Recess: November 26 & 27, 2011
- Last Day of Precollege Workshop: December 17, 2011
- Last Day of Saturday Live: December 17, 2011
- Last Day of Sunday Live: December 18, 2011
For those of you that don’t know, Workshop Programs are short programs that introduce students to some of the unusual and creative topics that we specialize in at FIT. In these four day programs, students take courses to learn a specific skill or technique, and leave with a Certificate of Completion for their portfolios or submit with college applications. Our Summer Workshops for middle school and high school students begin August 1 and end August 4. For this week’s Tip of the Week, we thought we’d fill you on on Opening Day!
On August 1, all Precollege Workshop students will report directly to the Great Hall located just west of 28th Street and 7th Avenue, thirty minutes before the start of class. Students will hand-in their parental consent forms, will receive their temporary Student ID cards and then proceed to their classrooms.
PARENTS: Parents may not escort students to the classrooms. Parents may drop-off and pick-up their children in any of the college lobbies.
SUPPLIES: Supply lists are posted on the same page as the rooms numbers.
ORIENTATION: Miss Orientation? Visit this page for the information you missed.
See you on Monday!!!
Here’s a Tip to help you TODAY! If you need assistance with anything, feel free to come to our office in D-130. While we share the office suite with other sister offices from the School of Continuing and Professional Studies, the Precollege staff (Michele, Marta, Brian, David, Consuelo, Alana and Mary) are distinguishable by our GREEN SHIRTS on Opening Day! Need a schedule? See someone in green. Need a course change? See someone in green. Need to locate your class or use the phone or ask any question at all? See someone in green! We are here to help you and look forward to another wonderful Summer Live!
Remember to wear your green wristbands today or bring a copy of your signed parental consent form! Happy Opening Day everyone!
By the way – if you missed Orientation, you may view the slideshow and information you missed by clicking the image below:
Can you believe it? Opening Day of Summer Live is this Monday! Time sure is flying!
For this week’s Tip of the Week, we wanted to give you a few tips on making Opening Day as smooth as butter. Did you know that there are about 2000 students registered for Summer Live 2011 from all over the world? That means there are 2000 students who need to check in the morning of July 11.
So here is what you can do to make sure you are prepared:
- Review the Student Handbook and get a good night’s sleep
- Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of
- Wear your Precollege wristband or make sure to pack your signed Parental Consent Form – you will not be able to go to class without this form!
- Print your schedule so you know the location of your class and make sure you bring it with you to FIT
- Print your Supply Lists (high school - middle school), should you need to do additional shopping in the city after your class
- Remember to wear your student ID card
- Report directly to the Great Hall located just west of 28th Street and 7th Avenue, thirty minutes before the start of class
Take just a few moments to prepare for Opening Day! You’ll be glad you did!