Second class of my workshop was amazing! For homework we were assigned to choose a celebrity, show, or magazine and either dress or change the format. I selected Blake Lively. To do the homework we have to go onto polyvore.com (and if you’ve never been on this website you should its very fun for making amazing inspiration boards!) and make an outfit for our celebrity. I have to style Blake for three outfits; the red carpet, awards ceremony and the after party. I am very excited about next week because we will be doing our photo shoot for the handbag. There are many places in New York that I love to go to each time I’m there. I love many places all around New York but there are a few near FIT!
- Joe Fresh- Everyone should go here at least once, its affordable & fun!
- FIT Museum- If there is an exhibit there while you are taking a class you should definitely stop in and check it out, the exhibits are always amazing.
- Buffalo Exchange- (I have not been yet but I have heard that it is fun to go to)
- Eleni’s- My favorite cupcake store ever in Chelsea Market!…and it is also nut free for people with allergies like me
Other places around the city that I love to go to are:
- Soho-Best time to go is in the Spring or summer so you can walk in and out of all the fun stores
Of course the 4 “B’s”!
- Barney’s- check out their new CO-OP cafe and shoe floor of course!
- Bergdorf Goodman- It’s a must to go to their newly renovated shoe salon!
- Bendel’s- Has the best accessories ever!
- Bloomingdale’s- Overall just a great store & you can never leave out the 4th B!
- 5th Ave & Madison Ave- also very fun to walk down and spend your day going into stores, and if you’re lucky you may just see Bill Cunningham taking pictures like I have on these two streets!
My grandma and I talking to Bill Cunningham on 5th Ave!
These are my top favorite places that I love to go to while in New York! Of course there are many other places but then this would become a very long post. Looking forward to next week’s class for my photo shoot, can’t believe I have only 2 weeks left!