Deadline: September 24, 2012 New York City high school aged residents enrolled in a NYC DOE high school may be eligible for a financial assistance scholarship. This partial scholarship covers $250 (the total cost of one course is $308). Scholarship recipients are responsible for the remaining $58 balance and any supplies required for the class (most courses require supplies that students must purchase. The estimated cost of supplies should not exceed $50, except for Introduction to Photography with an estimated cost of supplies at $130.)We will be selecting recipients based on the criteria below. The deadline to submit for the upcoming semester is listed on the application link.
Scholarship Requirements, to be completed by the student applicant:
- Precollege Saturday/Sunday Live application: http://www5.fitnyc.edu/continuinged/PrecollegeHSScholarshipOpen.htm
- An official copy of your high school transcript (to be attached to the form)
- An essay discussing the importance of Saturday/Sunday/Summer Live to your college and career aspirations (to be attached to the form)
- A recommendation letter from one of your teachers describing your dedication and character (to be attached to the form)
- A document indicating your need for financial assistance. This may be a letter on school letterhead indication your participation in a free-lunch program, financial assistance program, or other government or organizational support program (to be attached to the form)