Introducing Precollege Blogger: Kayla

Hey, everyone! My name is Kayla Cariffe and I’m a 16-year-old book nerd, makeup addict, and theater aficionado. I’m currently going into my senior year (how did that happen? Honestly I’m still six years old) in high school. I love to participate in school activities like plays, chorus, mock trial (which is pretty cool because you get to act out a fake court case with a real judge and everything!), and speech and debate. On the off chance I’m not stuck at school until 10 o’clock (a rather common occurrence, shockingly), you can find me at home, curled up with a nice book, like Harry Potter for the millionth time, or bingeing on tv shows (my current show being How I Met Your Mother with my mom).

I am from Staten Island, New York and this tends to affect my personal view about a lot of things. For example, drivers on this island are the absolute worst but our pizza is the absolute best!

This summer, I am taking part in the Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing Precollege Class as well as the Short Film Basics Class. I am really excited to take part in these classes because of how interesting they sound. I am also quite interested to see how well I survive traveling into the city every day by myself (because as previously mentioned, I am more of a six-year-old than a sixteen-year-old).

I am also curious to experience a college campus in a way that makes me feel as if I were a college student and not just some high school student going to an open house. I am really excited to start blogging because I love to write, I love pretending I’m like famous bloggers, and interesting things always seem to happen to me so I’m excited to share my good/bad/plain weird experiences with all of you. I don’t really know where I want to go to college for sure, but I am strongly leaning towards FIT and in the future, I hope to be an honors student and to make it into the Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing Program.

That’s all I have for now. Stay tuned for more posts about my experiences at FIT, my progress in my classes, tips and tricks for current and future Precollege students, and much more!

Don’t Forget To Be Awesome!

-Kayla

,