Looking to my Inspirations

The hardest part of my morning is hands down deciding on what to wear. I can spend hours adding and taking away layers, scouring through my closet and drawers, basically wrecking my room until it is unrecognizable, until I find the perfect combination. When I’m deciding on this perfect combo, usually depending on my mood that day and what I want to express through my clothing, I look at my eclectic choices of inspirations and role models in the fashion industry who always have the upper hand on style and flair.

My first candidate for outfit inspiration is Rachel Zoe. With her bohemian glam glow and endless stock of bell bottoms I find myself wearing fringe vests and flare jeans more and more everyday.

Retrieved from Hawtcelebs.com
Retrieved from CelebMafia.com

For those days I can not bare to get up and just need something comfy yet trendy to get me through my day, I look to this generation’s It girl, Gigi Hadid. She is the queen of all things street style and athleisure wear (and of the runway).

Retrieved from Harpersbazzar.com
Retrieved from Harpersbazzar.com

A type of style only few can conquer, the side of fashion with no rules, I save for the days I want to make a statement and display boldness. From mixed prints, to colors no one would ever imagine together, Iris Apfel and Leandra Medine (Founder of Manrepeller.com ) have this scene covered.

Retrieved from WWD.com
Retrieved from Manrepeller.com
Retrieved from Manrepeller.com

Who I like to think of as a style doppelgänger of myself, Danielle Bernstein (Founder of Weworewhat.com ) is an entrepreneur, businesswoman, fashion blogger and a newly emerging designer. On top of her accomplishments she is also a fashion chameleon who is always on top of trends and never misses a chance to put her own spin on things, and not to mention, she is one of FIT’s very own alumna.

Retrieved from Weworewhat.com
Retrieved from Weworewhat.com

Until next time,

-Faith