My Final Project

Coming up soon in my class “Creating the Fashion Figure,” we are designing a final project. My professor is having us choose a customer, design a collection around him or her, and create a mood board with fabrics. The clothes we design have to be things that our customer would buy and be seen wearing! My customer is Gigi Hadid, model of the moment. She has a similar style to me and she is one of my favorite models right now. Her style is simple and classy, but can also be considered “grunge” at times, as she wears a lot of leather and fringe as well as the color black. Our class members each have to design an evening look, a casual daytime look, and a fancier daytime look. I will incorporate leather, suede and many of the other materials Gigi always wears. The collection will be more grunge-based, but feature simple clothes that she would buy. For my mood/inspiration board, I have started to collect pictures that give off an edgy vibe and I will choose fabrics with a similar feel, which I have not yet collected. Here are some pictures that inspire my upcoming collection!

image (19) image (17) image (9) image (15) image (7)

-Emily