My Style Icons

The Precollege Program has taught me so much about creating fashion, developing a style and spotting trends, but overall the most important lesson I have learned is how to draw inspiration from everyday life. The city and the people in it are full of inspiration, just waiting to be discovered. Inspiration in fashion can be taken from anywhere and anything, from artwork to nature. Fashion is one of the truest forms of self-expression. Without saying a single word, you communicate much about yourself by what you wear. The best part about fashion is finding inspiration from the originality of others (this is usually how a trend occurs). Aside from having a personal style of your own, being influenced by other places and people is a whole other sector of fashion.

My style has a very large range. Here is a list of some of my personal favorite style icons who inspire me on a regular basis:

Lana Del Rey- Aside from being one of my all-time favorite singer/song writers, Lana Del Rey’s style is one of my favorites to emulate. Lana is wearing a basic black Tee- shirt, but has paired it with a classic black leather jacket. This is one of my most loved, simple looks with the added red lip, another go-to style of mine. Every part of this outfit, down the makeup, is classic.

1. Lana
(Lana Del Rey, reposted from 12thstreetbeat.wordpress.com)

Audrey Hepburn– Audrey Hepburn, with one of the most elegant styles ever, also made black leggings/tights an essential item for women. Audrey gave this basic look a touch of class and she is a style icon for the ages. She chose simple pieces, like the perfect little black dress, and made everyone fall in love with her. As Taylor Swift says, “We never go out of style,” and Audrey Hepburn never does either.

2. Audrey
(Audrey Hepburn, reposted from thegreatfitnessexperiment.com)

Gigi Hadid– Gigi Hadid is my favorite model and the person whose style I copy the most. Gigi wears mostly basic pieces but adds her own offbeat style to her outfits with coats/shoes/purses. Her outfits are always well coordinated, fresh and perfectly put together. She looks like a true California girl, but with her own personality and cool appeal.

gigi
(Gigi Hadid, reposted frompinterest.com/saffstickles)

Scarlett Leithold- Scarlett, an 18-year-old model whose style is one of my favorites, has become the face of the popular fashion line, Brandy Melville. She always finds interesting outfits that are edgy but classy at the same time. She represents this growing brand with her own sense of fashion.

3. Scarlett
(Scarlett Leithold, reposted from millennialsbsas.tumblr.com)

Chanel Iman– Another one of my most admired models, Chanel Iman has a very unique sensibility for her wardrobe. This is one of my preferred street style looks that Chanel has worn. The contrast of the basic black dress and the red leather jacket is a  winning combination of rock star style.

4. Iman
(Chanel Iman, reposted from www.pinterest.com/julepmaven)

Who inspires you to new heights of style?