Simply Styling!

Hi everyone !

This week I wanted to touch base on one of my favorite interests, styling. Styling is amazing because you can express yourself in so many ways without ever saying a peep!

Personally, I love almost all types of style, throughout the week you’ll see how flexible my wardrobe is and maybe even pick up some style ideas along the way!

Monday's Outfit
Monday’s Look (also my birthday, yay!)

Monday’s outfit consists of darker colors with a final splash of yellow. I have to say I LOVE sneakers. A growing trend I’ve come to notice is designer sneakers such as funky printed ones or even heeled sneakers. Comfort and fashion all in one!

DIY:  Find a cute pair of sneakers, or old ones you’d like to reinvent and buy your own quirky laces! It’s cheaper and can create a cute personalized shoe. (That’s what I did with the ones I’m wearing!)

I don’t have a very indepth thought process when mixing and matching garments, connection and simplicity is always key! My thought process normally starts with 1 piece of clothing, for instance a dress, then based off the look I’m going for I decide if booties or sneakers would best fit the look.

Tuesday's Outfit
Tuesday’s Outfit

That brings me to Tuesday’s outfit. If your dress is one color and more on the simple side, a nice detailed boot adds some personality and flare! If your dress is patterned and you’d like to level out the pattern, a pair of converse will give your outfit a more laid back fun look.

Patterns CAN complement each other!! Adding other elements such as jewelry and sweaters balance the patterns without you even realizing!

Not everything has to match. In reality, if it’s pleasing to the eye it doesn’t make a difference if everything matches. Creating a flow and evoking a certain aesthetic is the goal of well…being you!

Autumn is known as the season of sweaters, preferably large cozy ones which provide a comfortable yet fashionable approach to your everyday outfit. A dominant trend during the Fall season is long length/long sleeved sweaters. I love long sweaters because not only do they keep you warm but they create “sweater paws!” Mittens and sweater all in one!

Wednesday's Outfit
Wednesday’s Outfit

Nearing towards the end of the week, the weather did a 360 and it got much cooler out (shocker). Now, I’m not a huge fan of flannels, though of the few I have I love to play them up with a cute graphic tee or a nice detailed tank underneath.

Thursday's Outfit
Thursday’s Outfit
Bracelet close up
Bracelet close up

Friday! I love how the colors of this top tie in with the effect of the loose sleeves and bottom. As I’ve said earlier, shoes always add an extra bit of oomph to an outfit. Declaring it casual, cute, girly, fun, or anything in between!

Some days I’ll go for a more “frilly” look by mixing in paler colors with deeper ones or even keeping the outfit a few simple tones for a “light” affect can do just the trick as well!

Friday's Outfit
Friday’s Outfit

My final outfit, featuring this funky patterned shift dress makes me so happy! The way the patterns and colors blend together is fun yet formal. To complement the shades of blue in this piece I paired blue tights along with a cracked stone turquoise necklace to pick up the detailed lines of the flower’s insides.

Of course in this weather a jacket is always a must. Leather/bomber jackets are always trending so throwing this leather jacket on top is the perfect bit of edge to the floral and bubbly patterns.

Saturday's Outfit
Saturday’s Outfit

Essentially, I dress in what makes me feel good. Styling it all together is just an additional plus of the process! A good outfit will never let you down….Unless you spill some coffee on it, oh how unfortunate.

As always, hope you enjoyed reading and have a swell day!

Emily Kelly