Introducing Precollege Blogger: Walter

WalterSincoxGreetings fellow photographers and fashion enthusiasts, my name is Walter and I’m here to blog about the wide world of art. But first, you probably want to know a thing or two about the guy who will be writing these posts. I’m a high school senior from Westfield, NJ and over the past year I have invested a lot of my time taking Precollege courses at FIT, everything from Introduction to Traditional  & Digital Photography to Fashion Forecasting: Seeing into the Future to Sneakerology, but I still make time for other activities. During the week I participate in swimming, boxing, lacrosse and weight lifting. Along with these competitive sports, I pursue my recreational interests of piano, ukulele, soccer, and football as well as career related passions of photography, fashion, and sneaker collecting. I try to use all my activities to create a unified personal aesthetic that I have in my mind. An invaluable piece to that puzzle is a blogging opportunity at FIT (currently taking: HFM 064 The Ins & Outs of Fashion Merchandising and HLD 031 Sneakerology) .
At this point, I’ve only begun my push into many art and physical forms but I want to keep growing. I want to continue developing my work ethic while doing something that I love. An internship in the city, in particular at FIT, would be a dream come true. I have so many things I want to learn and do. When I get older, I want to look back with no regrets, knowing I did as much as I could. I want to experience all aspects of the modern art field; I want to design, direct music videos for underground rappers, use my photography to help charities, advertise clothing or models and work in the garment industry demographic.
While I know not all of this is possible in a single career, what a perfect time to explore and see where these passions can take me. Even if I don’t make a career out of all of these fields, I would still hold them as hobbies because it’s not all about money, it’s about doing what you love with the people and community where you feel welcome.

Now that you can paint a mental image of who I am and what I’m about, I hope you are excited about this blogging experience that we will tackle together.

Thank you for your time everyone, this is Walter, signing off.