Week 2

I can’t BELIEVE how quickly time flies! I’m already halfway through my experience at FIT, and each day proves to be more exciting than the previous. As I mentioned in my last post, I take the Magazine Design class. Last week, we worked on perfecting our covers. When I say perfecting, I mean perfecting; I can’t count how many times my hand cramped from placing the text and images in the exact location I envisioned. The name of my magazine is STREET, and it is entirely fashion-focused. I’m including outfit ideas for every occasion, and I even incorporated a page dedicated to shoes (I’m a firm believer that they can make or break your outfit). I decided to name it STREET because that is where we express who we are. The street is essentially everybody’s runway, so it’s important that we look our best when we’re walking on it. In class this week, we are moving on to the inside of the magazine; designing the cover was easy compared to this! I have so much appreciation for what goes into creating a magazine now that I am in the process of making my own, but I definitely love the challenge.

– Marisa

Options for my magazine cover
Options for my magazine cover
Pages dedicated to shoes
Pages dedicated to shoes

,