Introducing Precollege Blogger: Marisa

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset
Hi guys! It’s crazy how one day I’m dedicating hours to Netflix (I’m sure most of you know the feeling) and the next I’m blogging for FIT! I’m really looking forward to sharing all the things I get to do in my Magazine Design course. Sure, waking up at 5:30 to catch a train from New Jersey to the city isn’t my cup of tea, but stepping onto the concrete in front of Penn Station is electric (although I still need to stop for coffee at Starbucks before class). My Magazine Design course is so unique. We all read magazines, but how often do we get to create our own, from the ground up? From choosing a model for the cover and coming up with a title to deciding which outfit should be on what page, this class has me hooked. Not to mention, the classroom setup encourages focus, while allowing me to gain suggestions from the twenty stylish girls I see four days a week. I love that we all get to work together and help each other create the best magazine possible; seeing other girls’ ideas is such a prominent part of the class. Living so close to New York has so many perks, I can almost say the city is my second home. Getting to be so independent is such a privilege, and I’m looking forward to spending the next two weeks at FIT. I’ll be sure to keep you updated on everything I get to experience each day, whether it’s inspiration from the streets of New York or some of my work from my class!

Until next time,

Marisa