Spring Break Weekend

This week from April 3 – April 13, I am on spring break and it has given me time to think why I really love attending FIT. Even though I may be on break, fashion is on my mind 24/7.

I love FIT because it keeps me busy. It gives me a chance to have different experiences and create things out of my comfort zones. At first, I thought that attending FIT would be a lot to handle, but I look forward to going on Saturday.

My mind is constantly running on…What materials do I need for my sewing class? Did I finish my dirndl skirt for my draping class? What type of material should i choose, knit or woven? Phew!!! That’s not even all of it. My blood doesn’t even pump with adrenaline, it pumps with “fashaline” (a little word I created for myself when I am rushing through life, being a part of the fashion world). Many will think that since I’m on break I should just relax, but to be honest fashion does relax me. Since spring break began, two of my Saturday classes at FIT were cancelled … Ugh!! But that didn’t stop me, last week I asked my professors to tell me what I needed to work on for my projects and they let take my projects home. I got the chance to catch up on my sewing by working on my jean apron …I added more detail to make my project “POP”.

I remember that I needed to soon make a trip to Moods Designer Fabrics because I had a projects at my school Fashion Industries and I needed woven fabrics to create a shirt for yours truly, and I needed to get cotton woven fabric and muslin for my sewing and draping classes at FIT. It might seem like a lot on my plate but going to Moods is like a fashion paradise. I can go to Moods and stay in their for hours and come out with more ideas than I came in with. While you’re in the area you can go visit Moods…its only on 37th street. Some other suggested places that I like to visit are Daytona Trimmings which sells trims and different items to embellish your designs. As well as Fashion Fabrics that offers great deals on some nice fabric. Both are located on 39th street not to far from FIT.