Spontaneity

Hi everyone! Sometimes the mere idea of jumping into something completely new is more than daunting. Personally, I feel like a plan outlining every detail of a new experience is the only way to be fully prepared; but if I only go by a specific list, how can I really appreciate the surprises?
When I first looked in to the precollege programs at FIT I didn’t know if I was outgoing enough to be a part of a program like it. I have been in design classes before and done camps and played on sports teams, but I always felt shy around new people. On the first day of class at FIT I decided that I would push away my structured plans and not just take the class, but also engage in it. It’s like there were two paths in front of me and one was a path that I knew and felt comfortable navigating and the other was a new path, one that I always wanted to try, but never had the courage to go down.
Since starting classes here, I’ve been more willing to participate in new activities. I generally feel more outgoing and I genuinely think FIT contributed to that. If you were looking at taking a class here I would really urge you to take that jump. It might be exactly what you’ve been looking for. I absolutely understand how intimidating new experiences can be, but when you just stick to your usual schedule and rarely stray from your comfort zone, you could end up overlooking an amazing opportunity. Remember: sometimes the best memories can come from the most unexpected moments! See you soon, bye bye!
~Kaela