Congratulations Oaishe!

Oaishe_newlyadmitted_blogpost(sm)

CONGRATULATIONS TO OAISHE KHANDOKER WHO WAS JUST ACCEPTED TO FIT THIS FALL 2015 FOR Fashion Design!

A Word From Oaishe,
Hello, my name is Oaishe Khandoker. I am currently an intern at FIT and I am so excited to be accepted to FIT for Fashion Design! My dream has always been to become a fashion designer. Ever since I was young, my hobbies included making doll clothes out of scrap fabric I found. Eventually, I started practicing sewing using my mom’s sewing machine and made clothes for my friends and myself. My mom inspired me to go into fashion design. She is an at home tailor and I learned a lot of tips and tricks by watching her. She would get a lot of commissions to make traditional Indian clothing and even though I don’t make that type of clothing, it taught me basic sewing. Drawing is also something I love to do and  I find myself doodling all over my notes in class! While I doodle, I like sketching clothes I want to make. I usually don’t go shopping for clothes that often. Instead,I like going to stores for inspiration and purchase fabric to make things the way I like it.

I am really looking forward to studying in FIT. There is so much I want to learn about Fashion Design and I know this school will be great for me. I hope to start my own clothing label and have a line of clothes. My dream is to create beautiful dresses for people and make them feel confident. For now, I will continue improving my design and sewing skills.

Were you accepted to FIT this fall too? We’d love to feature you on the blog as well!
Email: [email protected] for more information

~Mikey

One response to “Congratulations Oaishe!”

1. sarah slama Avatar
    sarah slama

looking got take a summer course in fashion merchandising . Are there any offered?