Instructor Spotlight: Kristin Paquette

KristinPaquetteKristin Paquette is an established and well-respected fashion industry professional with 15 year of expertise. Seven in Men’s and Young Men’s markets, and eight years in Women’s Trend forecasting, analysis, and fashion direction. She creates Trend boards for the global trends of the season, and then breaks them down with key silhouettes, fabrics, and details, in to wearable salable trend direction. She has an extensive knowledge of fashion cultural references that are leveraged in to creating amazing collections.

Professor Paquette teaches the course: HSX 090: Fashion Design Using Global Inspirations
In just four sessions you will create a group of fashion designs that reflect your or another ethnic cultural detail. Learn how to develop a design idea and create a small coordinate group using your original inspiration. Design a group of garments on fashion figures that you would wear everyday, to a special event or to a club. Learn the techniques of drawing a fashion figure, work with markers, and color your designs to matching fabric swatches.
Register HERE

Teaching Philosophy:
Is to encourage, motivate, and be passionate about what we create. We are all going to learn from each other, and there is no wrong way but different paths that we all can take to get where we want to go! I am very enthusiastic and I hope that my energy and knowledge will inspire the students to be as innovative and excited about the subject; and that they will take away from this class a fantastic experience in fashion.

On Precollege Programs:
Precollege programs are a fantastic way to test out what the process is for the actual job. I enjoy taking the students through the process and educating them on how to create a line. They will get a real sense of what being a design director will be on a smaller scale. I enjoy championing them and their creativity, to further pursue a degree in fashion design.

Industry Experience:
Fashion Director for Trend – Women’s, Men’s and Children’s wear
Research & Development – Seasonally Traveled Europe for key trends, Fashion show analysis, Fabric analysis for Macy’s Private Brands 5 years
Trend Board Stylist Joseph Abboud
Union Fashion Stylist for TV – APPLE,Neiman Marcus, Saks.com, Panasonic,Queen Latifah, I home, Bsmith to name a few

barbuda lownepal low south china sea low res Shang high low mineral springs low

Tags:

One response to “Instructor Spotlight: Kristin Paquette”

1. Bret Kelly Avatar

As I see this blog post was dated in 2014. Is the precollege program still available. I started my wholesale clothing company 16 years ago and now as my daughter is reaching the age to decide on a career path I would love to have her take the reigns of my clothing company. This program seems like a great starting point for my daughter. Would enjoy knowing more.
    Regards,
    Bret Kelly
    CEO – Jobber1 Wholesale Clothing