Introducing Precollege Blogger: Chloe

ChloeTso

Taking courses:
HPH 159  Digital Camera Use and Photography for the Beginner

HFA 141 Cityscapes

I am scared. Despite the brave face I’ve put on, I don’t think I’ve ever been more nervous in my life. Change is good and well needed, but keeping up with all the endings and new beginnings going on at the moment is crazy.

Hello everyone, my name is Chloe Tso, and I am a 17 years old girl from Long Island, NY. I’m sorry the intro is very serious, but you should know a lot is in store for me within the next few months. High school has just ended, all my friends are going off on their own paths, and I am going to be a freshman at Binghamton University this September. As you can imagine, a range of emotions and thoughts are racing through my mind. The scheduled life I’ve followed for five years is no more, and the typical “see you next year” doesn’t work anymore. This transitional period of my life is daunting, yet exciting for me.

While I am excited to start the summer program at FIT, to add on to new beginnings, these are the first art classes I’ll be taking since 7th grade. Shocking, I know! For anyone taking the Cityscape and Beginner Photography class, I’m excited to meet you. When I entered high school, I made the difficult decision to put art behind music. Now that I’ve become a decent cello player, I thought it was time to explore my art skills and improve them. I hope to transform the doodles in my notebook and the photos from my Instagram into something more.

The pressures from the start of college will plague my mind, but I’ve decided to enter this program as I will enter college: with an open mind. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know what I want to major in, but I’ve learned to accept and embrace it. The purpose of classes is to experience them firsthand and expose myself to the various fields. I could go off to become a famous photographer, or maybe I’ll decide to go into engineering, but every experience contributes to my future and knowledge. While there is much uncertainty surrounding my future, I know one thing for sure: I am excited for the summer and the FIT program!

Chloe