Calling All Makeup Lovers!

Hi everyone! I am officially signed up for another Precollege course at FIT for the Summer Live Program. This summer I will be taking the class The Beauty Business-Art & Science of Cosmetics and Fragrance. I have always been obsessed with makeup so I am really excited to take this class. Some people might think it’s crazy that I would want to go to school over the summer, but to me this is another opportunity to meet new people and to take another fun class at FIT.  Right now I am taking a Fashion Merchandising Class which I love, but since I also really love cosmetics I thought that taking this class will really help me decide on what I would like to do with my future.

I remember becoming really interested in makeup when I was in 8th grade and ever since then, I have become more crazy and have bought more products than anyone I know. OK, I have a confession to make…yes my makeup collection is pretty large but I can’t help it I’m a shopaholic! One thing I really love to do after my class on Saturday is take a walk to either Macy’s or Sephora on 34th Street. Did you know that the Sephora store has two floors?  For a makeup lover like me, this is amazing. Both stores are close to Penn Station so they are really easy to visit on my way home. The first time I walked into these stores, I was overwhelmed with the amount of makeup products they carried. I was so glad I didn’t bring a lot of money with me that day, because honestly I probably would have bought the whole store. Some of my favorite brands of makeup are Urban Decay, MAC, Too Faced and Bare Minerals. I just recently found out that the creator of Bare Minerals went to FIT.  I think that is awesome.sephora_1

I could probably go on forever about this but don’t worry I’ll wrap this up. I am so excited to take this class over the summer and learn all about different kinds of makeup and fragrances and the business behind them. If you have already taken this class or are enrolled for it this summer comment down below and we can chat about it!

Until next time,

Nicole

,

Comments

7 responses to “Calling All Makeup Lovers!”

1. AnnMarie Avatar
    AnnMarie

Great Job Nicole. It looks like you are having an awesome time in your Precollege Class. Keep up the good work.

2. RoseAnn D'Amato Avatar
    RoseAnn D’Amato

I love reading your blogs and can’t wait for your next one!

3. Lisa Conway Avatar
    Lisa Conway

Sounds like you’re having a blast!! Looking forward to your next post!

4. Paula Dean Avatar
    Paula Dean

Hey Nicole,

That class sounds awesome. Let me know if you learn anything about make up for very sensitive skin. I was born with eczema so I am always breaking out from different brands. I just recently brought Bare Minerals products and I am going to see how it works on me in the next couple of weeks. Wish me luck…

5. Darlene Avatar
    Darlene

That class sounds awesome! So cool to find out what goes on behind the scenes. I always wondered how they come up with the fragrances and how they decide what makes it to the stores. Can’t wait to hear how you like the class.!

6. katherine heaney Avatar
    katherine heaney

Nicole, you are such a wonderful writer. You should be so proud of yourself! =) Can’t wait to the next blog.

<3
    Aunt Katherine

7. Steffen Cherubin Avatar
    Steffen Cherubin

Hey Nicole,
    My name is Steffen. I’m taking the class now for spring, and it is amazing. What I love most is that all of the professors are in the beauty industry. By far there hasn’t been a dull moment. I got accepted to FIT for FMM and I plan on majoring in cosmetics and fragrance because of my experience with the class.