Let’s sew, sew, sew!

Hi, it’s me, Tessa, once again reporting about what went on in class today.

To start off, I was nearly late. (Stress on the nearly.) Not only was my train late (and without notice, too!) but one of the stops had construction going on and it caused the train to stop to let people off for what felt like eternity! Such caused me to panic (“Please get going! Jeeze Louise, we’ve been here for ages!), but I did eventually get to school. I was heading up the escalators at a very close 1:29.

At least none of them were broken! Thank you, escalator gods (repairers)!

Anyways, now I’ll actually speak about what happened in class, as opposed to what happened prior to it.

Today I was BFFS with my sewing machine. First, I did some top-stitching on the yoke. Now comes the super confusing part. We had to like sew this and that and then turn things and stuff. You had to be there to understand. Then I top-stitched some more, and then, voilà! The front of the shirt was attached to the back via the yoke.

Since I still had some time to spare after that, I practiced making a collar, then actually also doing the real thing! So that’s all prepped for tomorrow, and I can get started right off the bat. (Is that the saying? Whatever, I don’t really care. Hopefully you get the gist of what I am trying to convey.)

After that, class was pretty much over, so I packed up my stuff and went on my way, to go catch the subway.

That’s all, folks!

-Tessa

One response to “Let’s sew, sew, sew!”

1. Charlotte Avatar
    Charlotte

Hello! I am a 6th grade student in Maryland, and was interested in the FIT precollege program. I am very interested in fashion and design, and had a few questions about the program.
    1. What is the application process ( if there is one) for the program?
    2. Is there financial aid available?
    3. What age would you recommend to take this course?
    Thank you so much for your help, I don’t at all mean to bother you!