Looking Back

You can have the utmost experience in something and still have room for improvement, that’s just how it is.

Over the course of these last few weeks I have felt like I have improved dramatically in every aspect of my classes here. The difference with this semester compared to others was that this time around I took two classes, which meant a lot more work but also a lot more improvement on my part…and I clearly see it.

As for my morning class, The Ins and Outs of Fashion Merchandising, I got my “decade” project back and I got an A! I was so happy when I saw my grade, receiving A’s in these classes is such an achievement for me and is what I work for over these months. Like I said, although I may have gotten an A, there is still room for improvement. One of my weaknesses is definitely presenting and talking in front of a class. However, this past week I showcased a “Fall Trends” PowerPoint presentation and I just felt so comfortable presenting it. My professor noted how comfortable I looked presenting and it made me feel really good.

In my fabric styling class, we presented our second project this week and it could not have been better! Well, other than the fact that I finished one of the boards two seconds before I had to present! Overall the boards came out really great though. I’m so anxious to see my grade!

“Palermo” dress product board
“Palermo” (Italy) – AKA Olvia Palermo’s clothing line 🙂

If you go back to this post, you can see my first project from this class and compare them.  The difference is noticeable! Just remember to try your hardest in everything you do at FIT because if you really want something, you’ll achieve it sooner or later! It worked out that way for me!

By the way, I’m considering taking In-Store Marketing and Retail Event Planning next semester, has anyone ever taken that class, if so, how was it?

Fashionably Yours,

Michaela