The Beginning of the End

“So… you’re not going to come out with us tonight because you have to wake up at 5 am tomorrow? That sucks!” I heard that no less than 10 times Friday night at my school’s football game. What my friends didn’t know, was that I have been waiting for this Saturday for the past two months and it was finally here! This semester, I am taking HDE 094: Boutique and Interactive Store Design.

My day began very early (4:50 am to be exact), but I didn’t care; I was anxious and excited for potentially my last, first day of Precollege classes! My 6:05 train slowly approached Penn Station at about 8:45, leaving just enough time for a quick Starbucks run. I’ve become a regular at the ‘bucks’ right outside Penn; they even know my name!

While waiting for my drink, I checked my schedule and realized that classes started at 9:15, instead of 9:30 which I was used to. So I quickly grabbed my drink and ran over to FIT. As soon as I saw the Fred P. Pomerantz Art and Design Center (the used-to-be-called- “D building”), I felt right at home!

I walked into D-425, a room I have become very familiar with, and was instantly greeted by none other then Professor Glenn Sokoli; his ear to ear smile can instantly brighten anyone’s day. I also met my 6 other classmates. We instantly all connected with our interest in the Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design department! I’m not used to having such a small class, but I am very excited to have a better opportunity to work one on one with Professor Sokoli!

We began class by reviewing the FIT guidelines, something we were all very familiar with.  Professor Sokoli then handed out the course syllabus and we discussed what we would be working on for the next 12 classes. I am so happy to have switched into this class; I know it will surpass all my expectations!

My classmates and I were having so much fun talking with the Professor, we didn’t even realize it was time to go! After class, I ran over to Pret A Manger, my FAVORITE to-go sandwich shop, to grab a quick bite to eat before my 1:15 train back to ‘Smallbany’ (Albany).

Are you taking any classes this semester at FIT? If so, what are you taking? I am beyond excited to come back next Saturday and will talk to you then!

Fashionably,

Lilli