Chance or Choice?

This post is dedicated to all of the students going into senior year.

Is our fate determined by chance or choice? 

Personally, I believe it’s determined by choice. The choices I make each and every day contribute to the outcome of my future. But, without the chances I take in life, I wouldn’t be where I am today.

Do you believe our fate is determined by chance or choice?

The effort that we all put into our work here, at FIT, is preparing us for our future. The hours that we dedicate to creating our artwork is our choice. These classes that we are taking are preparing us for our future. That’s why we must soak up all of the knowledge we are learning! Seniors, we have to apply the knowledge we have learned to our portfolio. We have to make sure we include some of our best work. What are you thinking of including? How have you been preparing for your portfolio?

I have mixed feelings for week three. It’s my last week here at FIT. What if I never come back? FIT is my dream. It provides everything that I need to be successful later in life. I am so nervous about applying to college in general. Will they like my creations? Am I up to par? What makes me stand out from the rest?

I am channeling all of these feelings into my artwork and creations. I am so determined to make my portfolio the very best it could be. I have hope. If you don’t believe in yourself, then who will?

We must all be sponges this week. Soak up all the information you can. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask your professor. I’ve grown a tremendous amount these past two weeks. I have learned to render some very important fabrics, which is necessary for my portfolio. I have now mastered the industrial sewing machine. I have even learned to use the over lock machine.. It’s my new best friend!!

There will also be a slideshow in the Cafeteria on Monday, July 23rd. It will show all the different majors for FIT and will give tips and information on applying to FIT. Seniors, definitely attend! An Admissions Representative will be there to hand out information and answer your questions!

Good luck to all seniors on applying to colleges!

“Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door” -Coco Chanel

Your Care Tag,

Bella