4 days, 4 goals.

I can’t believe there are just 4 short days left of Summer Live 2012! I’m amazed by how much I’ve learned and accomplished in these past two weeks, but there’s still so much to do before I’m ready to present my final magazine design. Here are some of my goals for the coming week!

1) Design a type-dominant page. So far, photos have been the primary visual element in my magazine. I’ve learned so much about typography though, so I think it’s time to get out of my comfort zone and design a page in which graphic type.

2) Photograph and write my own feature story. I finally bought a Lomography film camera (I’ve been telling myself to buy one since last summer but kept putting it off) and I’m so excited to play around with it and hopefully get some awesome shots. I’m going to bring it with me to FIT to shoot, then I’ll get my film developed and scan the best photos into my magazine for a story I’m working on called “Special effects: secrets to cooler film photos.”

3) This one’s kind of silly, but another one of my goals is to not be the last one out of the classroom! I like to work up until the very last second (I guess I’m just a hard worker like that) but it’s important to manage my time better so I can be all saved and logged out when Professor Lerner dismisses the class.

4) Lastly, I want to review all the basics of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign. I’ll probably end up getting these two programs for my home computer to continue my work, so I want to make sure I don’t forget a thing!

Until Next Time,

Lindsay