What are YOU wearing this week?

I was going to post what I’ve been wearing each day on my blog, but I keep forgetting! So, this is what I want you guys to do… Every day comment what YOU guys will be wearing or what you wore that day! I want to hear what trends inspire your style. Who’s your favorite designer? What’s your favorite article of clothing you own? And I will DEFINITELY remember to post what I’m wearing each day!

As our first week comes to a close at FIT, I can’t help but wonder if the next two weeks will fly by as well.. I certainly hope not! FIT already feels like a home to me. The atmosphere, the people, and especially THE FASHION! I never want to leave!

My first week at FIT couldn’t have been better. One thing that I never did last year was visit FIT’s museum. I DEFINITELY recommend going! If you can’t make it, then definitely check out the website! It is: http://fitnyc.edu/3662.asp

One of the many animations shown! These two characters were HILARIOUS!

Another thing that I recommend doing is attending the Precollege Lunch Hour Activities. I went to the Short  Animation Film Day on July 12th! All of the events are held in FIT’s Cafeteria. Don’t worry about not being able to grab something to eat because there is a Cafe and a Starbucks right inside! Don’t know when the events are? Not a problem! Here’s a list:

• July 16 (Monday): Street Market Monday– Bring your favorite NYC street find to show others! I will definitely be there to take pictures of all of you with your unique item!
  • July 17 and 18 (Tuesday and Wednesday): Artwork Photoshoot– Get photographed with your best piece of artwork to-date! The picture will be e-mailed to you so you can cherish that moment forever!
  • July 19 (Thursday): Lunch with Alumni– FIT undergraduates will be in the cafeteria to answer questions and share their experiences
  • July 23 (Monday): Major Monday– Watch a slideshow of different FIT majors and student work. There will also be tips and information for applying to FIT! So if you’re a senior this year then you should DEFINITELY be in attendance! An Admissions Representative will also be there to hand out information and answer all of your questions!
  • July 25 (Wednesday): Looking Back– Since classes will be ending the next day, definitely take the time to come and see a slideshow of photos taken throughout the three weeks!

So, what are your goals for the next week? Do you have any projects due? Well, I do! My first project is due on Thursday. We had to create two looks inspired by a trend or something that inspires us. So, I was inspired by the Elizabethan Era. It’s a very classy look. But there’s a twist! I infused some of today’s popular trends with the Elizabethan trend! I will surely post pictures of my progress! For my other class, I have already started to complete my jean jacket. I really hope to finish both my jean jacket and my t-shirt by the end of the program. I know I can do it!

How was your first week? What are you doing in your classes? Tell me all about it!

Your Care Tag,

Bella