Introducing New Precollege Intern: Ezekiel

Namaste! (That’s hello in Hindu^.^) I’m Ezekiel Dicks, a Digital Photography and Website Assistant intern at FIT. I’m from Harlem,NY. I’ve graduated high school at the age of 16 and will be attending college in the Fall. I’m a writer, I enjoy poetry and many genres of literature. I plan to major in archaeology in the future, at least for the time being- I find the study of past cultures, societies and human characteristics in general to be very interesting. But I’m not just a hipster who enjoys old things, I love traveling, trying new foods, going new places, shopping-and I do mean shopping, and photography (of course).

I value expression, being able to openly exhibit who I am through several mediums, style of dressing being one of them. I find my interests in some things to be nostalgic at times, I love incorporating styles from later eras into my own style. Fashion for me is a means to projecting my self-image and personality. I dress according to how I feel, the weird patterns and prints, I dress knowing that the clothing concealing my skin means more to me than expensive fabric or a label.

“If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will tell you: I am here to live out loud.”-Emile Zola

I’d say “Dare to be Different,” but that seems too cliché, we are all different by nature, so why not live differently. Aspire to be!

One thought on “Introducing New Precollege Intern: Ezekiel

1. Hi Ezekiel Dicks, nice to meet you! Let’s give the world with new different color.