The Pink Issue, Inspired by Barbie Play With Fashion
Barbie is at FIT – come visit her in the D-Lobby now through August.
It’s an Original Barbie World! Designed and installed by FITs very own students!
Students from Jewelry Design, Interior Design, Photography, Fashion Design, and Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design came together and created a beautiful masterpiece and are now sharing it with us all!
The background Story:
“A two-story installation inspired by Barbie Play With Fashion
- Barbie and Ken fashions made from non-traditional materials on life-size mannequins
- Models of new rooms for Barbie’s Dreamhouse
- Full-size replicas of furniture
- Photos and short films with Barbie and Ken
- A storefront window inspired by Barbie’s Dreamhouse and Play With Fashion Joe Zee, creative director, Elle, will name the top three FIT student winners from each of five programs: Fashion Design, Interior Design, Jewelry Design, Photography, and Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design.
First place winners receive $5,000, second place winners receive $3,000, and third place winners receive $2,000.”
Who would you choose?