The Knitty Gritty

My stack of magazines…

Sadly, there is only one more week left of classes, that means one thing…final projects! My final project for my HFM 060: Fashion Forecasting class is to create 4 presentation boards displaying 4 different trends/themes, and then write a 3 page analysis of everything. We have to base this project off of the same store we did for our “competitive shopping” presentation. For that project, I chose Aritzia, so for this project I will be doing Aritzia again. Unfortunately, I have not started my project yet, all I have is a stack of magazines on my dresser waiting for me to tear out pages and 4 blank tri-fold boards on my windowsill. I have to start soon! And again I promise to take lots of pictures and share them with you guys on my next (and last) post!

As my class comes to an end, I realize that these classes at FIT really do make me comprehend how much I love fashion and how much I can’t wait to actually be surrounded by fashion 24/7 once I get older.  Also, I realized how I am going to have nothing to look forward to now during long, dreadful school weeks. Lastly, in general, while shopping and things likewise, I perceive things so differently. For example, when I see a simple rack of shirts at a store I think about what color palette that person who put the clothes on the rack was going for, or what trend is this store trying to make in demand! It’s really amazing how much these classes have taught me.

What are some of your final projects, I’d love to hear about them, comment below!

Michaela