How FIT Has Made Me a Better Student & Person

Before coming to FIT, I really had no idea that there was so many different things one could do in the fashion industry. I didn’t realize that there were so many different classes and majors that the college offered. FIT Precollege classes have taught me so much these past two semesters. Over this past weekend, after class, there was an information session about  the application process and applying to FIT. This informational meeting itself gave me so much motivation to do as well as I can and to make everything possible into getting into FIT.

Over the last two semesters, FIT has made me a better student and person. I have a lot more confidence now. Also, FIT has made me a better student in high school. I have a lot of motivation to do better with my school work and try to get as good of grades as I can. One thing I think I should work on for the rest of the semester is – trying to put a little more craftsmanship into my work. My ideas are all there and I can deliver them, but I want to try to improve my drawing skills.

The Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing class is honestly such an amazing course if you love cosmetics! I had no idea there were so many jobs in the field! The class gives you tons of information from beauty products to classifying the smell and under notes of a fragrance. So far in the semester, I have made body wash, lipstick, shampoo, and display/mood boards. My professor, Virginia Bonofiglio, is a great professor who will really teach you a lot about the major. In the last few weeks of the semester, my class will be taking a field trip to explore the retail part of the business! Stay tuned for pictures all about my trip!

Until next time,

Xoxox Tori