Friendships on 34th Street

Hi Everyone!

Although you all probably know this and hear this over and over again, it is completely true: at FIT everybody has one, major thing in common with each other. This “thing” is fashion.

At FIT everybody wakes up as early as they do, takes time away from the 1 out of 100 things they probably have to do and attends class every weekend because they truly love going. This dedication that everybody has to fashion, photography, drawing, etc. is what makes it so easy to find stuff in common with other people in your class. So, if one of your goals at FIT is to make new friends, you’re in luck because it’s fairly easy to start up a conversation! This semester everyone in my class is just very friendly in general and I seem to get along with everyone fine but I haven’t really became close with anyone in particular. Ultimately, my major goal at FIT is to learn about fashion to the fullest, and I try to not let anything get in the way of that.

Also, at FIT the variety of people you meet is unbelievable! There’s people in my class from New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and of course, New York. The commitment of the people traveling 2-3 hours away amazes me! This semester my class is pretty big and there’s all kinds of different people and personalities in it.

On the other hand, class this past week was great! We took a trip to 34th street to analyze and photograph trends for our project that is due soon which I can’t wait to share with you guys (if I’ll be able to upload it!). We went to stores such as H&M, Zara, Macy’s, Forever 21, and Joe Fresh.By the way if you haven’t heard of Joe Fresh (because I didn’t) make sure you try it out, I loved it! They’re actually opening their flagship store on 5th ave. this Thursday.

Here are some pictures I took this weekend, some big Spring 2012 trends I came across are side detailing on pants, yellow, blazers, mixing prints, houndstooth, metallics, paisley prints, black and white, color-blocking (still!), pastels, peplums, trousers, tie-neck shirts and much, much more:

Michaela