My First Day!

It was the first time in a very long time, and I mean months, that I was actually excited to wake up early on a Saturday morning. To be able to catch my 7:05 train into Penn Station, I need to wake up at 5:45 am. Now I know some of you are thinking that is way to early and almost a torture, but to be able to come to FIT is all worth it. The commute for me is not bad at all because fortunately I am able to attend Precollege Programs with my two best friends, one of which who is also a blogger! Her name is Jennifer so make sure you check out her blog posts!

Walking into the Fragrance lab was a little bit intimidating at first. There are bottles of fragrance and high tech equipment scattered throughout the room. My professor was full of information and made difficult material easy to comprehend. During the class we learned how to use the scales, and began to add a chocolate fragrance to a body wash. Also, towards the end of class, we smelt different fragrances and classified different adjectives for each one. Overall, I found the class to be very interesting.

Going forward, the projects I will be doing this semester are things I could never imagine you could make. In the later weeks, the class will be creating a shampoo, lip gloss, and various bath products. As well as the products the class is required to make a Beauty timeline and a Fragrance inspiration board. I am ecstatic to see how the class plays out within the next couple of weeks. What do you think? Does this sound like a class you would be interested in?

xoxo Tori