Until Next Time…

I’m not really good with goodbyes, so I guess this is a “I’ll talk to you later…”

My experience at FIT this semester has been more than phenomenal. I found my utopia here. I have learned so much about myself and my abilities by interning in the Precollege Office. I’ve learned that doubting yourself is the worst poison and confidence is beautiful. I now know more about Adobe Photoshop and digital cameras than I would have ever expected in my lifetime. I feel that by working closely with such amazing managers, I have too developed the trait of amazing. When I first spoke to the Director of the Precollege Program (Michele Nagel) I knew that I was going to contribute to FIT, but I never knew that in return I was going to gain so much. I have met the most talented people in my generation, built on my existing communication skills and have learned how to feel comfortable thinking outside the box.

I will definitely miss working in the welcoming environment of FIT’s Precollege office. The amount of care and oepn arms in the office made it more than easy for me to be myself and have a good time. A normal teenager would dreaded waking up Saturday mornings to go to work, but for me it wasn’t “work,” it was my therapy. I will miss meeting new people and the overall environment at FIT, but hopefully in the future I will be here studying fashion merchandising. But before that hopefully I will be here blogging for all of you again real soon!

My advice for high school students is to get involved in FIT; it really is an amazing experience.  The Precollege classes have amazing people. I’ve had the pleasure to meet so many new friends there and amazing professors. Everyone in the Precollege office is extremely nice and you’ll love ever moment here! So don’t hesitate apply for the Precollege classes or internships – do anything that will get you involved!

I always hated goodbyes because always seem so bitter, but I could consider this one to be sweet. Until next time…