Before and (Fashionably) After…

Hello All!

I think my draping skills are better. I’m not great but I’m better than I was at the beginning of class. I know lots of terms and how to mark the waist and things like that. But what I think I have most improved on since beginning my FIT classes is drawing the croquis. I think I’m good but I need to know how to draw more than one pose! I need to take Model Drawing for Fashion Design. (If anyone has taken that class before and could tell me anything about it, just leave a comment please.) The 1st class I ever took (which was, I think, over 2 years ago), Fashion Art for Fashion Designers, really taught me how to draw. If anyone hasn’t taken that class yet and you want to get significantly better, then you need to take that class ASAP. I’m also better at drawing the little faces on the croquis. They don’t look like monkeys anymore! I no longer draw the eyes really big and far up so she doesn’t have a forehead.

I felt really proud in my last class, Introduction to the Fashion Industry, when people said how good I draw. That made me feel really good because I thought there’s looked better. I think I’ve met my goals for this class (almost); I want to get a little better and have more knowledge about draping. How about u guys?

Emily