A Portfolio of Epic Proportions and the Perks of Having Awesome Friends

Have you ever thought up something so completely perfect and amazing and awesome and a whole bunch of nice adjectives? You’ve imagined it so clearly and so realistically that you wish it could just directly transfer from your brain into an actual thing?

Well that’s my portfolio.

I’ve imagined it so perfectly and I can see it in my head and I imagine people fawning over its greatness yet….. I haven’t even started the process of putting it together. I’m one of those people who procrastinate because they work well under pressure, or at least say that I am, usually I end up on the verge of a mental breakdown, heh. I’m also a perfectionist type when it comes to the whole sewing/designing business (obviously not in other parts of my life), if I don’t do it right, I don’t see the point of doing it at all, or keeping it around. This is the result of my lack of sketches and the countless hours I spent hunched over my sewing table, tediously ripping out ribbon stitches because the “L” of a Luigi patch for a cardigan was tilted a little too much to the left, making it (in my mind) look like a check point.

This past Sunday I dropped by, at the last mintue, National Portfolio day and let’s just say it was um, completely depressing interesting.

I was totally fine at the fact that there was over a hundred mini Picassos running around with their fancy (and very ) filled portfolios and iPads and cart full of canvases…yeah..whatever, no big deal. It’s not like it made me feel like my drawing was that of a blind folded three year old with Roseart crayons…
But alas! In the upcoming week or so my garments will be photographed by the amazing Christian Alzate and I’ll lock myself in my room (not like I don’t do that already) and sketch all the designs I’ve kept vivid descriptions of in my phone and I’ll of course keep the people on here who care to see, updated 🙂
But for more update like, me whining about how much I hate my dress while sewing my dress, go to my tumblr!

Now excuse me while I imagine my perfect portfolio some more.
Love, Talya